Authentic Curries for Christmas
Bring a taste of India to your kitchen...
Indian food, especially curry, is as diverse as its culture, it is vibrant, colourful, enticing, easy to prepare and wonderfully satisfying. The essence of good Indian cooking revolves around the appropriate use of aromatic spices, spicing is not a difficult concept, in the same way that salt and pepper are used in the west, the skill lies in using spices to enhance rather than overwhelm the intrinsic flavour of a particular dish.
Join our head chef Dean on this evening course combining demonstration and practical, to recreate an array of authentic flavour combinations that will inspire you to cook regional Indian recipes in the future for both family and friends.
- Combination of hands on and demonstration
- Professional chef tuition, advice and top tips
- Curry supper
- Complimentary glass of wine, or Foodworks' homemade elderflower
- Working in our state of the art, light and airy kitchen
- Pre-measured ingredients tray
- Use of Foodworks' apron
- Comprehensive recipes
- Working with various Indian spices
- Meat preparation
- Curry sauces
- Perfect rice
- Onion bhajias
- Coriander and mint Riata
- Caril de galinha (Goan chicken Curry) Goa, West India
- Avarakka Theeyal (Broad beans with Tamarind)
- Pilau rice