Malaysian Street Food - with guest chef Norman Musa
Masterclass with Norman Musa @ foodworks
We are delighted to welcome Norman Musa to Foodworks to host an amazing day exploring the delights of Malaysian cuisine.
Norman Musa's awards and recognitions include Kuala Lumpur's Food Ambassador, Asian @ Oriental chef of the year, Finalist Manchester Chef of the Year, featured in Masterchef Malaysia, BBC's Tom Kerridge Best Ever Dishes and Channel 4's Sunday Brunch to name but a few!
Join Norman for a wonderful 'hands-on' day cooking delicious, tasty and imaginative Malaysia food to enjoy at the end of your course with a well deserved complimentary glass of wine.
- Chicken Satay - Skewered chicken pieces marinated in turmeric, lemongrass and cumin. Students learn how to marinade the chicken thigh pieces and skewer on bamboo sticks.
- Peanut Sauce (demo) - Norman demonstrates how to cook authentic peanut sauce using lemongrass, chilli, palm sugar, coconut milk and crushed, toasted peanuts. To be served with chicken satay.
- Crispy Calamari - Students learn how to score the squid and dip in a batter mixture made of corn flour, sesame oil and white pepper, then deep fry until crispy.
- Prawn Penang Noodles (Char Kway Teow) - Wok fried noodles with flat rice noodles, chilli paste, sweet soy sauce, prawns, bean sprouts and chives.
- Beef Rendang Tok - Students learn how to prepare the ground spices by toasting the coriander, fennel, cumin and black pepper, then mix with lemongrass, chilli, galangal and turmeric to form the paste for rendang and cook with beef, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves and toasted coconut.
- Coconut Rice (demo) - Norman demonstrates how to cook authentic coconut rice with Malaysian spices and herbs.