Malaysian Kitchen - with guest chef Norman Musa
Malaysian Kitchen @ foodworks
We are delighted to welcome Norman Musa to Foodworks to host an amazing day exploring the delights of Malaysian cuisine.
Norman Musa's awards and recognitions include Kuala Lumpur's Food Ambassador, Asian @ Oriental chef of the year, Finalist Manchester Chef of the Year, featured in Masterchef Malaysia, BBC's Tom Kerridge Best Ever Dishes and Channel 4's Sunday Brunch to name but a few!
Join Norman for a wonderful 'hands-on' day cooking delicious, tasty and imaginative Malaysia food to enjoy at the end of your course with a well deserved complimentary glass of wine.
- Nyonya Kapitan Chicken Curry - A heritage and authentic dish from the Malaysian Peranakan ethic, rich flavours cooked with lemongrass, nutmeg, chilli, galangal, spices and coconut
- Seafood Laska Noodles - You will learn to make your own curry paste then cook the curry broth for the noodles and condiments together with preparing and scoring the quid
- 'Roti Cani' Malaysian Flatbread - Learn the technique to stretch the 'roti' dough like a proper Malasian, the dough made of plain flour, condensed milk, egg, water and oil
- Malaysian Vegetable Dhal Curry - A curry dish cooked with lentils, aubergine, potato, beans and mango
- Mango Salad - A simple mango salad with dried shrimps, peanuts, chilli and shallots