Malaysian Kitchen - with guest chef Norman Musa
Malaysian Kitchen @ foodworks
We are delighted to welcome Norman Musa to Foodworks to host an amazing day exploring the delights of Malaysian cuisine.
Norman Musa's awards and recognitions include Kuala Lumpur's Food Ambassador, Asian @ Oriental chef of the year, Finalist Manchester Chef of the Year, featured in Masterchef Malaysia, BBC's Tom Kerridge Best Ever Dishes and Channel 4's Sunday Brunch to name but a few!
Join Norman for a wonderful 'hands-on' day cooking delicious, tasty and imaginative Malaysia food to enjoy at the end of your course with a well deserved complimentary glass of wine.
- Beef Rendang - rich and aromatic dry beef cooked with lemongrass, galangal, chilli, spices and roasted coconut
- Prawn Penang Noodles - Chef Norman shares the technique how to fry street food noodles from his hometown Penang, fried with King prawns, soy sauce, chilli, garlic chives and bean sprouts
- Chicken Satay - Learn how to marinate and skewer a proper Malaysian style chicken satay using turmeric, cumin and lemongrass and honey
- Peanut Sauce (demo) - Succulent peanut sauce made from crushed peanuts, lemongrass, chilli and coconut milk
- Green Bean Salad - A quick and simple bean salad with dried shrimps, garlic, chilli, palm sugar and peanuts