Bread @ Foodworks
Bread: at it's most basic is the simple combination of water, flour, salt and yeast. Spend a fun day getting to know how you can combine these four ingredients, and just a few more, to create wonderful tasty breads that you'll be able to adapt and recreate over and over in your own kitchen. We'll cover everything you need to get started, covering the theory and practical knowledge to deliver consistent results.
We'll have a canapé break in the morning to sample some of your early creations, and conclude with lunch, consisting of a delicious hearty soup and some savoury bread-based accompaniments - and a complimentary glass of wine.
- Tea/coffee and patisserie on arrival
- 80% practical
- Professional chef tuition, advice and top tips
- Sit down lunch
- Complimentary glass of wine or Foodworks' homemade elderflower
- Working in our state of the art, light and airy kitchen
- Pre-measured ingredients tray
- Use of Foodworks' apron
- Comprehensive recipe packs
- Kneading techniques
- Moulding breads
- Making classic bread base dough
- Sweet dough
- Italian bread
- How to make a natural yeast starter to take home for sour dough
- Classic yeasted bread dough
- Roasted pepper bread
Please bring a container to take your bread home in.