Covid-19 Safety Statement
We would like to reassure our clients that we have a well thought out and practical risk assessment in place to ensure the safety of our customers and our staff. We have been in communication with our governing bodies and the council and will continue to monitor government guidelines as measures are relaxed but feel that below we have listed an outline of the measures we have taken to ensure your course is enjoyable as well as safe.
- Track and Trace – contact details will be recorded
- Temperature check upon arrival at the school
- Protection is available and clients to bring a face mask
- The school already has a rigorous cleaning schedule, but extra measures have been put in place
- All contact areas will be fully cleaned and prepped prior to every class
- Hand gel dispenser on every work station
- All aprons and t-towels washed at 90 degrees
- Regular sanitation of contact points throughout the kitchen and washrooms
- Sanitising station outside and inside WC. Staff to check regularly
- All cutlery and crockery is prewashed on high temperature setting
What’s included in your course
Ingredients, all utensils, knives and aprons are provided for all courses. Some courses have light meals included in the cost where indicated in the course details.
Any dishes listed in course descriptions are only a guide to course content and may vary at our discretion.
Health and safety
• All participants should wear flat shoes with non-slip heels and covered toes. We cannot admit you to the cookery school without proper footwear.
• We recommend that you wear comfortable sensible clothing, (i.e. not your best attire). We will not be liable for any damage that occurs to clothing.
• Long hair should be tied back.
• All course participants will be given a briefing on health and safety before commencing the course.
• Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the building.
Standard of behaviour
We expect you to behave sensibly and appropriately at all times. If for any reason we are unhappy with your behaviour you may be required to leave the premises.
Special dietary requirements and food allergies
We’re very sorry but we’re unable to tailor our courses for special dietary requirements unless you are booking a minimum of 10 people. Please inform us in advance of any allergies, disabilities, pregnancy, diabetes, epilepsy or any learning difficulties.
There may be traces of nuts or other ingredients in our recipes and if you have food allergies you attend at your own risk.
We do run vegetarian courses please contact us for details.
All payments must be made in full at time of booking. We do not take provisional bookings.
We do not share credit/debit card details with any third parties.
Confirmed bookings are non-refundable.
Foodworks reserves the right to postpone courses due to any adverse conditions without refund as we will be offering alternative dates.
If you find yourself unable to attend a course within 21 days notice then you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
If you cancel during a Residential course you are not entitled to the return of any proportion of the course fees.
Our open vouchers are valid for 10 months. Should the recipient be unable to attend a pre-booked course they can change to another course (within 21 days notice) or offer the voucher to another person. Vouchers cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash.
We recommend that you take out insurance to cover cancellations beyond your control for reasons such as illness.
Course fees and dates
Course fees and dates are quoted at the time of going to print and we reserve the right to make alterations at any time. In the unfortunate and unlikely event that a course has to be cancelled, we will always try to give as much notice as we reasonably can and you will be offered an alternative course or a full refund. We will not be liable for any other costs that you may incur.