A taste of Southeast Asia - with guest chef Norman Musa
A taste of Southeast Asia @ foodworks
We are delighted to welcome Norman Musa to Foodworks to host an amazing day exploring the delights of Southeast Asian cuisine.
Norman Musa's awards and recognitions include Kuala Lumpur's Food Ambassador, Asian @ Oriental chef of the year, Finalist Manchester Chef of the Year, featured in Masterchef Malaysia, BBC's Tom Kerridge Best Ever Dishes and Channel 4's Sunday Brunch to name but a few!
Join Norman for a wonderful 'hands-on' day cooking delicious, tasty and imaginative Southeast Asian food to enjoy at the end of your course with a well deserved complimentary glass of wine.
- Jackfruit salad - A Southeast Asian salad with young Jackfruit, beans and carrot, with a dressing made of lemongrass, palm sugar, chillies and coconut milk.
- Prawn Pad Thai - Wok-fried noodles with prawn and vegetables with seasoning sauces made with tamarind, palm sugar and fish sauce. Students learn how to blanch the noodles perfectly and prepare the right balance of seasoning before frying the noodles with prawns and vegetables.
- Kalio Chicken Curry - Indonesian curry with chicken pieces in thick curry gravy made with lemongrass, galangal, chillies, turmeric, coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves.
- Seared Duck in Massaman Curry - A famous Thai curry with paste made with lemongrass, galangal, nutmeg, cumin and cloves. Students learn to prepare the paste from scratch. Cook the curry gravy and sear the duck breast and beautifully serve the dish with yellow rice.
- Nasi Kuning - yellow rice (demo) - Rice cooked with turmeric and coconut milk, and infused with lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and cloves.